CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 23 April 2007

Under Construction 2

You may remember I posted a picture about the site being 'under construction'
well, the photograph featured there was taken from my bedroom window. I am currently living next to a building site. However, that was the view a few weeks ago.

This is the view now:

This is the 3rd house to be built so far. It's amazing how quickly these guys can throw together a 'luxury villa' for someone to live in. Believe it or not, there are 16 luxury villas bein built on this site, so my family and I will have to adjust to having neighbours. We had gotten so use to being quite isolated and surrounded by open space. But now, it feels like nothing is going to be private anymore.

It will take some getting used to!

You may also notice that the beautiful, old beech tree has gone too. This saddened me the most. I love to rejoice in the beauty of the world, I think that is the reason that God created the world to be so amazingly diverse and rich in nature and colour and beauty, but it upsets me when something so beautiful can be destroyed in only a few seconds. And believe me it was detroyed! I guess that goes for a lot of things in the world though. The most beautiful and innocent things are the first to be destroyed and eliminated by man's destructiveness. I hope that out of this destructiveness can come some creativeness.
I plan to plant some tree seedlings in my garden after all my uni work is finished to try to restore some of the earth's beauty. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Paper Dreams, Honey. said...

I think this is a grand idea. Yup Yup!
I was rather upset to hear about the beech tree also. Its quite unfair,I mean - What did the tree ever do to them eh?

Heres hoping your little tree's will thrive under your loving care!

Love hxx

ailsa said...

I doubt it will! I never manage to keep any plants alive. Although, I did manage to grow an apple tree from a seed once. It was about 2 feet tall when I last saw it, don't remember what happened to it after that though.

We will live in hope though! :)