CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 17 May 2007

The End


Well, I have finally reached the end of my university course. For those of you who don't know, I've spent the past four years studying Speech and Language Therapy. It is one of the toughest courses out there (believe me I know!) but it's finally over.
I have to say, I'm actually quite sad that it has finished. I was only just beginning to get used to the idea of being a student. Come to think of it, it's only been in the last year that I've really gotten to know the other girls on my course (albeit there were only 11 in my class this year). They have become really good friends to me and I cherish the time we have spent together.
It is also really scary being finished. It's like all of a sudden I have to grow up, become an adult, start working in a real job, earn a salary, be responsible... I don't know if i'm ready for that! But at least I have the summer to be a student (my student card doesn't expire til September so I can still use it to get discounts on my shopping!).

I don't know what the future holds for me, but I like it this way just now.

I'll just have to wait and see what happens!

5 comments:

Shony said...

Well Done Ailsa! A four year course and all that work is a slog at times but you have made it. I bet when you started you thought 4 years was a long time but now think how quick it flew by :-) I recommend you relax and enjoy your summer-you have earned it you know! There are lots of possibilities ahead of you and that can be a little scary but do not fret you will find your way-try and enjoy the journey. Being an adult is not all that bad and in truth I dont think we ever see ourselves as having grown up.

Shona x

Kerron said...

Ahh, welcome to the real world. ;-)

Congrats on finishing. Nice to see a new blog post btw! :-)

Hope you are keeping well.

Jan said...

No one told me I had to grow up after graduating........and that was 15 years ago!

Jan said...

Time flies! (It was actually 17 years ago...eek!)
Maybe dementia is setting in?

Kerron said...

Well done on the graduation, like I say you'll need to blog more now! ;-)